GETTING STARTED IS EASY!
We recommend that everybody starts by taking an Intro to Pole class. This class is designed to make you completely comfortable with everything pole dance!
TRY EVERYTHING WE HAVE TO OFFER!
We guarantee you'll love our classes and one won't be enough. Get your 5-for-$50 pass and try multiple classes over a two-week period!
Experience the Symmetry difference
Our incredible community of members and instructors will make you feel welcome and supported – we were all new once!
Our classes are for everyone! Have fun, let go, and enjoy the journey. We're all here to learn and improve, so just bring along your best effort!
WORDS FROM OUR #SYMSQUAD
DOWNLOAD THE SYMMTERY APP
THE SYMMETRY STORY
There is no special preparation required prior to your first class. Just show up to the studio about 10 minutes early and you’ll be good to go!
Comfortable active wear is ideal. Shorts are preferable as you will require bare skin to help you grip the pole, however, if you are not comfortable in shorts, leggings/pants are more than fine for your first session - you may just find some of the moves a little more challenging!
- At the start of each class, the instructor will greet everyone, ask after injuries/limitations/issues they need to know about, and let the class know if there is anything they need to be aware of prior to the class starting.
- Then comes the warm-up. Our warm-ups are low impact, designed specifically to get your muscles and joints warm and ready for pole dancing, and includes exercises to help you start building the necessary strength to do the moves that you will be learning. The instructor will do it with you, so just follow along!
- The instructor will then start to teach you the tricks for that week. For each trick or move, they will demonstrate it, break it down/explain the important points to think about, and then get the class to try it and offer assistance where required.
- The last part of class usually involves putting some of the moves you have just learnt into a short dance, which the whole class will learn and then dance through a few times. It’s a fun way to get your heart-rate up and practice what you’ve just learnt, and ensures that you leave your class on a high!
- Finally, the instructor will take you through a few quick stretches to help you cool-down. That’s it! Class complete.
- No, heels are not mandatory.
- Most of our students start out in bare feet for their first few classes and then decide whether or not they would like to move on to wearing heels. Heels are completely optional at every step of your pole journey - if you would like the option to wear heels in your first class, please feel free to bring some along!
- Absolutely! Our classes are designed to increase your fitness, coordination, and flexibility safely over time.
- All of our classes are designed to be accessible to a range of fitness and ability levels - you will always find your class challenging and fun (that’s the point!) but will never be asked to do anything that is outside of your personal ability level.
- Yes! Pole dancing can be learnt by anyone, regardless of their previous movement experience.
- Everyone needs to start at the start when it comes to pole dancing, regardless of previous movement experience (or lack thereof). Anyone can learn these basics, you just need to turn up and give it a go!
- Okay, so this isn’t exactly a ‘question’, but please know that we hear this A LOT! It is so normal to be nervous before your first class - there is nothing else quite like pole and we completely understand that the unknown can be scary.
- Our studio is welcoming, inclusive, and incredibly supportive. Our culture is one of the things we are most proud of! Our community is second-to-none, and our students are Rest assured that you will start in a class with other people just like you - new to pole, and probably just as apprehensive.
Our students come from a wide range of demographics and we welcome EVERYONE! We have…
- Students ranging from age 16 up into their 60s.
- Students who have been professional gymnasts, students who never did any exercise before they started pole dancing, and everything in between.
- All shapes and sizes
- Mums looking to rediscover their bodies and find some time for themselves, the occasional man who wants to try their hand at something different, people with differing abilities… Our students are a mix of all of the above and more.
There is no specific size, shape, age, gender, ability level, or any other ‘identifier’ that makes you suitable or unsuitable for pole and you will find a mix of most of the above in every single
one of our classes.
- Everyone starts in Intro to Pole, regardless of their previous movement experience.
- Like any skill, pole dancing has important ‘basics’ that must be learnt before they can be built upon - although you may have the strength and coordination to achieve more difficult movements than those taught in Intro to Pole, it would be exceptionally dangerous for you to learn those moves without the appropriate foundations. For your safety, please start in Intro to Pole! We promise you won’t be bored - our amazing instructors will find plenty of ways to challenge you.
- Symmetry accepts students as young as 15 years old with parental consent.
- We do not do teen-specific classes - teens will be in a regular class with our adult students when they attend.
- Our syllabus and class structure is designed so that you can start right away - no need to wait for a new term to begin. For more information, please see the “about our classes” section.
- Please click here to learn more about the studio, including details of the equipment we use, the layout of the space, and our instructors.
- Please click here to view our pricing page.
In addition to our classes and one-on-one tuition, we have a calendar of skills and information workshops to help our community stay up to date with the latest tips and tricks, finesse their moves or gain valuable movement, dance and nutrition insights. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, these have been online events in recent times, but with social distancing regulations easing we are very excited about delivering them in-person in the near future!
WHAT ARE YOU GOALS?
PICK SOMETHING THAT SUITS YOU.
CHECK OUT A FEW CLIENT TESTIMONIALS AND WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY
ABOUT SYMMETRY DANCE STUDIO
\"I have been to two pole dancing lessons and the girls are so amazing and awsome. I have two left feet and always praising me for my efforts. I highly recommend to come here and try a class\"
\"Hands down the best studio. So supportive, lots of fun and great instructors. Has a really good and encouraging vibe from both staff and other students. Would highly recommend this studio to anyone who will listen.\"
\"The teachers are all fantastic and encouraging, they make it a pleasant environment to dance and feel comfortable in.\"
\"This place has become my home! Everyone is so non-judgmental and inclusive! I have made so so many amazing friends here. Anyone of any weight, age or gender is welcome.\"
\"Symmetry is such a welcoming dance studio with the friendliest staff and instructors. Within only 4 weeks I have learnt more about myself, my strength and my body than I have elsewhere. I would highly recommend this studio. 5 stars is not enough\"
\"So much fun! The teachers are amazing and so encouraging! So lucky to have found such a fantastic studio!\"
\"A year ago if you told me I\'d be doing pole dancing I wouldn\'t have believed it for a second! But here I am and I have absolutely fallen in love with it. I\'m doing things I never thought I\'d be able to do\"
\"I love the natural light in the studio. The dance space has such a happy, peaceful feel, like a breath of fresh air. Absolutely love my time spent at Symmetry. ❤\"